The Orange County Stereotype: Ladera Ranch

Sarah Salinas, Editorial Editor

Orange County is a “bubble”, but inside this bubble is a real life Who-ville, Ladera Ranch.

This town is the epitome of the Orange County stereotype and what seems to be the perfect setting for one of those low-budget, coming of age movies about troubled teens living in suburbia.

It’s a nice place to live, don’t get me wrong, but let’s face it; if you are in high school, there is nothing really to do here. I mean, if you like driving through roundabouts every couple of blocks, or getting honked at by mom-driven SUVs just for your mere presence on the road, then I guess it can be all right.

Unfortunately if you don’t drive, you’re stuck in Ladera most of the time. Don’t worry though, there are still plenty of things that you can do to keep yourself entertained. If you really want to get crazy, you can walk up to “The Center” with all of your friends to grab a quick bite, or you can relive the glory days and hang around the middle school.

The variety of food is great over there. You can find all your favorite fast-food chain restaurants like Mcdonald’s or Panda Express, and they don’t have very many of those in Orange County.

This town is essentially Disneyland for adults who live there. You can usually see them in their happy place every weekend morning.

Just head over to the local juice bar to find it filled to its maximum capacity with middle-aged women in the trendiest workout clothes (who look a little too perfect to have just come back from the gym).

Or if coffee is your thing, you can make you way to Starbucks and you are likely to see even more people in workout clothes, on their strenuous journey back home with a venti frappuccino in hand.

There is something for everyone in the lovely town of Ladera Ranch.