• Makeup registration Monday, August 12 (8:00 am to 11:00 am)
  • Freshman registration August 6 (12:00 pm to 3:00 pm)
  • Junior registration August 6 (8:00 am to 11:00 am)
  • Sophomore registration August 5 (12:00 pm to 3:00 pm)
  • Senior registration August 5 (8:00 am to 11:00 am)
  • Cina Abedzadeh named new principal of SJHHS at June 12 board meeting
  • 6 Year Accreditation From WASC Granted: No mid-cycle Review
  • Mental Health Week April 30 - May 30
The story of San Juan as told by its students

The Badlands Are Good For the Stallions

After years of not having a true stadium, San Juan Hills finally has a place to call home, The Badlands.
Many people wonder why our stadium is called The Badlands. Everything  at our school tends to surround one very important person, our 26th president,
The 3 people who came up with this name The Badlands, are our principal Tom Ressler, the athletic director for fall & winter sports Armando Gonzalez, and the spring athletic director and football coach Aaron Flowers.
On the San Juan Hills sports website, it explains what went down at the fight and more on why we call our Stallion Stadium The Badlands. It all comes down to “Teddy Roosevelt’s Strenuous effort” which we hope to be “our perfect effort”.Also on the website it says “Teddy Roosevelt’s experiences in the Badlands shaped him into the man he became, our 26th president. He experienced failure and loss, gained respect, strength, character, soul. Effort and hardship are ideas to be embraced by athletes that play at our school…expectations for graduated or to be graduate athletes from SJH will be good citizens, leaders of integrity, and will achieve as a scholar in their future education.”
One of the most excited people of all is our principle, Mr. Tom Ressler. He was very happy to open our stadium for the first home game on Friday, August 31, 2012. The Badlands is officially open.
“We wanted to play off of Teddy Roosevelt and the battle of San Juan Hill in 1883 at the Badlands.We decided to go with The Badlands because after Teddy Roosevelt fought there, he felt like it really changed his life and who he was as a person by the challenges he faced.”Ressler said.
Coach Flowers hopes that the athletes that play at our school gain “brotherhood, respect for one another, life ties, have good experiences, and work hard.”
Along with our perfect effort, Ressler also wants all of the students here at SJH ” to be good host, defend ‘our land’, this is something we own, it’s ours, we have a beautiful school so take care of it. It’s our home.”
“I never thought it would be exciting as it  was, I couldn’t believe how big the crowd was. School wasn’t even in session and it was packed. It was exciting with all the kids when i looked up and saw in blue and gold Stallion Stadium. I didn’t see Tesoro jersey’s or signs. It really made me proud,”said Ressler.
Coaches and athletes were very eager to have a home stadium to play at.
“It was pretty cool being the first class and team to open the stadium. A lot of seniors were pumped up to leave their mark on the field,” said Scott Hoover #8, wide receiver.
“Being at our first home game was very fun, amazing, and exciting. The bleachers were full, just the atmosphere was amazing,” said Mr. Aaron Flowers, football coach/spring athletic director.
Some football players had good things to say about the name and have completely embraced the name and are happy to finally have a home field.
“Our name and motto is very intimidating. It’s definitely an edge, ‘enter at your own risk’ .It’s more motivating to win at our own home. More goes to trying to protect our home,” Hoover said, #8, wide receiver.
“It’s really cool having our own home stadium and not going back and forth to Tesoro,” said Brennan Walsh, #55, linebacker.
“When I first heard it I thought it really brought a positive mentality to the team that we are gonna win,” said Robert Diersing, #46, defensive line.
“It’s one of the best things we have heard so far like at other schools. It’s nice to see so many people supporting us,” Mike Miscione, #44, running back.
As our school grows we all hope to build more traditions. For Teddy Roosevelt’s strenuous effort is our perfect effort