• Makeup registration Monday, August 12 (8:00 am to 11:00 am)
  • Freshman registration August 6 (12:00 pm to 3:00 pm)
  • Junior registration August 6 (8:00 am to 11:00 am)
  • Sophomore registration August 5 (12:00 pm to 3:00 pm)
  • Senior registration August 5 (8:00 am to 11:00 am)
  • Cina Abedzadeh named new principal of SJHHS at June 12 board meeting
  • 6 Year Accreditation From WASC Granted: No mid-cycle Review
  • Mental Health Week April 30 - May 30
The story of San Juan as told by its students

First District-Wide Career Fair Held at SJHHS

Zaleeya Dhalla
Guidance Specialist Lynne Bell distributes helpful information at the College and Career Advantage booth at the career fair held at San Juan Hills High School on March 18, 2024.

The first district-wide CUSD/CCA career fair was hosted at San Juan Hills on Monday, March 18. Partnering with College and Career Advantage, the event aimed to further equip scholars with helpful tools to pave the way for successful careers.

SJHHS Career Guidance Specialist Lynne Bell, helped coordinate this year’s CUSD/CCA career fair. Bell has had experience with college-level careers fairs in her past. 

“A career fair is an event for students and families to come to, to connect with industry business partners from the community. So it’s a chance for students to get to meet with people from business and talk to them,” said Bell.

Students had the opportunity to connect with industry professionals and gain insight into emerging industries. The district hosted about 70 exhibitors who presented nuggets of knowledge about their careers.

Important industries such as the United States Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps and the Navy scouted students who were eligible for recruitment. Their vendor booths were run by employees of these companies and industries. 

Vendors recruited and promoted their careers and businesses with insightful information such as posters and take-home pamphlets.

Career fairs are a helpful resource to learn about career opportunities. Students can discover interests early on in the stages of their career decisions and development. 

“I think it’s about connecting, you know, really it’s giving that opportunity to make that connection, ask those questions, possibly, you know, find a career that interests you, and be able to take that away,” said Bell.

Career fairs are usually held for older students or even college students. But recently, more school districts like ours have been working to better prepare high school students for future career path decisions by providing more information and education on the topic of careers.