Couples: We Don’t Want to See it

PDA’s push the limits of acceptable couple behavior on campus.

Kayla Parker-DiScala, Photo Editor

PDA, Public Display of Affection; most of the time it’s the boys stealing a kiss before class. But sometimes it’s way too much– the sloppy, disgusting face sucking kind of kiss before class is ridiculous.

Small pecks on the cheek or lips is acceptable, but the worst are the couples that stop in the middle of the quad to just stand there and make out. Nobody wants to see a couple making out  right before class. You’re going away for 102 minutes. It’s not like you’re never going to see each other again. You will be reunited after class.

Stallion couples, it’s okay as long as you keep it classy when you’re in a relationship. Holding hands, hugs, short and sweet kisses are the acceptable couple-like stuff that people are fine with. The sucking face in front of other students’ lockers is annoying for the student you’re blocking.

Things to do instead of eating each others faces off include: breathing (deep breaths), actually talking, bonding (really get to know who you’re dating), partaking in a game of parcheesi (only $16.99 at Toys R Us), or even watching a movie with the lights on.

There are more important things than kissing 24/7. Keep your priorities in check for the sake of your future and the eyes of other stallions. Take your surroundings into consideration; if you don’t  want people intervening, then don’t do private things in public.

So long as you’re fair to those within the radius of a few hundred feet, there should be no controversy.