• Makeup registration Monday, August 12 (8:00 am to 11:00 am)
  • Freshman registration August 6 (12:00 pm to 3:00 pm)
  • Junior registration August 6 (8:00 am to 11:00 am)
  • Sophomore registration August 5 (12:00 pm to 3:00 pm)
  • Senior registration August 5 (8:00 am to 11:00 am)
  • Cina Abedzadeh named new principal of SJHHS at June 12 board meeting
  • 6 Year Accreditation From WASC Granted: No mid-cycle Review
  • Mental Health Week April 30 - May 30
The story of San Juan as told by its students

Unwrapping Nostalgia

we’re rediscovering classic holiday gifts this Winter.

The holiday spirit is making its rounds, carrying joyful childhood memories from nostalgic gifts that stallions once cherished.

1. Razor Scooter

Razor scooters were a must-have item on many children’s wish lists in the 2000s and 2010s. These scooters were lightweight and durable, making transportation easier than ever before for many children. Razor developed its foldable design and vibrant colors, giving both aesthetic and practical features that appealed to our young minds. These scooters continued to be an iconic item throughout our childhoods, bringing joy to many of us during the holiday season. 

1. LEGO

These iconic interlocking bricks were drawn to children’s creative minds. LEGO produced various building sets from cherished stories such as Harry Potter, Toy Story, and Star Wars, allowing children to build characters and scenes from their favorite films. By the year 2010, LEGO had achieved great milestones, surpassing $1 billion dollars in consumer sales. LEGO sets gave young children an outlet to be imaginative and innovative.

1. Rainbow Loom

In the 2010s, the Rainbow Loom arose as a sought-after and creative gift item for many children. Children used the looms to weave colorful bands, crafting various items like bracelets, necklaces, and charms. The craze was so intense that Rainbow Loom was banned at many of our schools. Many of us participated in underground trading and selling in defiance. Rainbow Loom was a popular and engaging activity for young children to craft for themselves and their friends and family during holiday celebrations.

1. Shopkins 

Shopkins were a favorite childhood toy for many children after its release in 2014. Whilst other toy lines sold superhero and alien toys, Shopkins used relatable concepts to create collectible toys like grocery items and appliances. Many Shopkins came in sets of blind bags, where each toy could be unwrapped for an exciting surprise. Many children enjoyed collecting and trading Shopkins with friends, making them a highly popular gift during the holiday season. 

1. Nerf Guns

Offering a wide range of attachments, models, darts, discs, and foam balls, Nerf Guns provided a high energy activity for us as children. These toys were a highly popular present for kids eager to take part in thrilling Nerf battles with their friends. There are in total 105 Nerf series of products. The first model was released in 1969 and Nerf still remains a very popular holiday item on children’s wish lists. 

The holiday season satisfies many, encouraging everyone to see loved ones, take part in traditions, and reminisce on childhood joy. As the holiday comes near, these beloved and nostalgic gifts from the past remind teenagers of the delight that they once felt.