• The Tan Band Wins Battle of the Bands

• Sofia Votava Wins President's Volunteer Service Award

• Skyla Setzler Wins 2nd in District Poster Competition

• Battle of the Bands Winner to Play Concert at Lunch Friday

• 2019 Stallion of the Year Nominees Announced

• Lila Holley and Sierra Young In Top 15 of OC Register Varsity Artists

Filed under Clubs

Pink Ribbon Club raises Awareness

Pink Ribbon Club headed by President Anam Faruqi (10) and Vice President Brent Arciniega (10), the club consists of a group of students who come together to help bring awareness to breast cancer, and educate the students and staff of San Juan Hills about the disease.

“Pink Ribbon stands for doing everything we can to help those suffering from this life altering disease, and coming together to cultivate conversation and bring awareness to the students at San Juan Hills” said Faruqi and Arciniega.

The club, which meets once a month on Tuesdays or Thursdays in Mrs. Hellwig’s room, discuss plans for “helping Asb with events” said Faruqi, especially during the month of October, the national Breast Cancer Awareness month.

To help bring awareness, the club has collected half of the funds from Multi Cultural fair, and was able to donate the money to the Susan G. Komen foundation.

Aside from donating to the foundation, the club had the opportunity to participate in the Breast Cancer 5K race at the Dodgers Stadium, which took place on March 12th and raised over $700,000.

The club has even bigger plans for next school year in October, and advises Stallions to participate and contribute their own ideas.

Hannah Chon, Feature Editor

Hannah Chon is the feature editor for The Express.  She is currently in her last year of high school and has attended San Juan Hills since freshman year....