• The Tan Band Wins Battle of the Bands

• Sofia Votava Wins President's Volunteer Service Award

• Skyla Setzler Wins 2nd in District Poster Competition

• Battle of the Bands Winner to Play Concert at Lunch Friday

• 2019 Stallion of the Year Nominees Announced

• Lila Holley and Sierra Young In Top 15 of OC Register Varsity Artists

Track Warms Up for the Season

Track Season Here We Come!

Track Warms Up for the Season

Raymond Rojas (11) leads in the 1600m meter race at the intrasquad track meet on Thursday, February 21, with Josh Dalo (12), Cole Smith (12), and Dalton Flores (12) catching up behind him.

Ella Villar

Ella Villar

Ella Villar

David De Anda, Graphics Editor

With Spring season underway, there is the beginning and wrap up off sport seasons. The track season will begin in March and will end in June.  If the team is able to succeed in League, they may be able to clinch a first place in league championships.

The team recently held an Intersquad Meet in order to have a practice meet for the new runners. The meet consisted of a timer, real officials, and times that will be recorded.

The new lineup consists of a wide variety of talent with students from Tesoro such as, Skylar Kutnyak and Jade Fischbeck who had just joined the team

Win the warm up. Win the race.

— Cameron Fox

Cameron Fox is a sprinter who  runs in the 4×400 and the 400, some of the most anticipated events in track and field. The varsity sprinter says that “the season may turn out to be pretty good because we have lots of potential for the team and transfers that elevate the team.”

Brea Relays is March 2nd and will be the first official invitational for the team. The invitational consists of most of the Top Runners, but not every invitational  isn’t consisted of all the runners on the team..

The first dual meet of the season has a twist in it because instead of being San Juan verses one team, it is a tri-meet versus both El Toro and Beckman High. The team will only have three home meets, two of them being dual meets.

The teams that San Juan has to face  in Division 1 Sea View League are San Clemente, El Toro, Tesoro, Aliso Niguel, Laguna Hills, and Capistrano Valley. The stallions will race at  destinations ranging from Mission Viejo to Yorba Linda all the way to Buchanan High School, where the infamous CIF State Championships will be held.

The dedication and the drive of the team is sure to carry the team to do great in league and ensuring that they do SJHHS proud by Riding for the Brand.

David De Anda, Staff Writer

This will be David’s first year writing for The Express, and he is excited to contribute great news as the Boys Sports Editor. David runs on the SJHHS...