Varsity Baseball Season is in Full Swing

Lauren Mecum

Chase Alen faces a pitch in the Stallion’s first league game against Tesoro on Wednesday. The Stallions won 6-1.

Jimmy Burns, Boys Sports Editor

With boys baseball season rolling around, the Stallions look to build off the successes of last year’s achievements and do something special.

As last year’s varsity baseball team made it to playoffs and were one game out of winning league, there are high hopes for the team with lots of returning players. Jeremy Wooten, head varsity coach who started the program when the school opened, knows the team has what it takes to do some damage.

We hope to win league and make a deep run in playoffs. We have lots of seniors who lead by example and younger guys who are stepping up

— Jake Lachemann

The team hopes to win league and make playoffs for the second consecutive time and make a run.

“We hope to win league and make a deep run in playoffs. We have lots of seniors who lead by example and younger guys who are stepping up,” said Jake Lachemann.

The Stallions have a variety of talented players this year, capable of doing many types of things.  Jake Lachemann and Connor Glenn both led the team in hitting last year and hope to build off that. Bryan Pope hopes to lead team in pitching and wins. Aaron Kocourek will continue to lead by example and be a defensively strong shortstop.

Ryan Collins and Kyle Rawling will be key younger players who have already stepped up and competed at the varsity level.

“Being a sophomore on varsity is the best feeling, all the upperclassmen have taken care of me and have shown me what it takes to be a varsity baseball player,” said Kyle Rawlings.

Competing in the Sea View League again this year, the Stallions will be battling teams: Trabuco, Tesoro, Dana Point, and Laguna Hills.

The Stallions season started on March 2 and so far overall record is 4-2 and 1-0 in league with a 6-1 victory over Tesoro on Wednesday.