Senior Pranks are Not a Crime

Carley Neilson, Staff Writer

Seniors have finally approached the last couple days of their high school career. Award ceremonies are endless, class time is filled with movies, and grades seem pointless because they have already been accepted to their dream school.

It’s hard to motivate yourself to be a stallion when you will soon lose the moniker. It’s an intimidating and anxious count down until you realize that you’re all grown up. What you wrote on your first day of kindergarten “when I grow up I want to be..” is what you may be majoring for in the next journey that will start after throwing that cap in the air.

The timing is absolutely perfect to stir a little trouble on campus. It doesn’t have to be harmful, but simply a joke that causes shock and amusement which is considered to be a prank.

This is the time where you have to pull off an event that will leave a legacy behind you. Nothing bad, harmful, or putting life at risk. Just simply getting a reaction out o f the staff and students at on your campus. The type of reaction that has their gut rolling with laughter and jaws dropped with the “look at the class of 2015.” It happens at what seems to be every school, not considered a tradition by any means but more of something that is bound to happen with all seniors.

It all came to a close, abrupt  stop when the announcement was made on all of the loud speakers that all students that participate in a prank will not walk at graduation.

When the bell rang on Wednesday June 10, 2015 everyone was dismissed from their classes as usual but seemed caught off guard when the seniors gathered in the middle of the quad for what appeared as a wedding. The music blared, there was a red carpet and an alter where Jimmy Hill and Maddy Blomdahl were getting married. To everyone’s surprise, Nate “steal your girl” Nhek came out of nowhere and stole the bride!