New In-N-Out, New Problems

New In-N-Out, New Problems

3,000 burgers on average are sold every Friday. The lines typically take 10 minutes but can reach up to 30 minutes during the busiest hours.

Bella Colby

Bella Colby

Bella Colby

Jack O'Connor, Staff Writer

Ever since In-N-Out opened their new location in Sendero Marketplace, the SJHHS community has been both thrilled and concerned.

Many students and residents of San Juan Hills are absolutely ecstatic about the New In-N-Out’s opening.

“I am excited about In-N-Out because I can now go there instead of Rite Aid,” said sophomore Ryan Kilkenny.

But not everyone shares the same enthusiasm about the new In-N-Out. There are mounting concerns about some problems the new In-N-Out faces-such as extremely long wait times.

“[The lines after school] take around 20 minutes compared to like the 10 minute average [and] traffic is worst at In-N-Out at 4:30 to 5:30 cause everyone else is going home,” said Viken Roberts, an employee at In-N-Out.

[The lines after school] take around 20 minutes compared to like the 10 minute average [and] traffic is worst at In-N-Out at 4:30 to 5:30 cause everyone else is going home”

— Viken Roberts

“Every half-hour on fridays they sell at least 200 burgers, so 3,000 burgers every friday [and] ,” said Roberts

This poses a problem for students who want to go to In-N-Out, but do not want to deal with the traffic issues it causes.

“I like the new In-N-Out, but I’m really worried about the traffic it’s going to cause because I take that way home everyday and dealing with traffic would be really hard,” said Stefan Backovic, a sophomore at SJHHS.

“Traffic is worst to go to IN-N-Out at 4:30 to 5:30 cause everyone else is going home,” said Roberts.

San Juan Hills High School is already notorious for the horrendous traffic problems the staff and students face every school day. The wait times could discourage some people from going to the restaurant after school.

Jack O'Connor, Staff Writer

Jack is a sophomore at San Juan Hills High School. This will be his first year on The Express. Jack is a hurdler on the track team and also runs for the...