Comedy Sportz Wins Its First Home Game

Bailey Bruton

Senior captains, Wendell Simpson and Rose Krol, acting out a skit during last Friday’s Comedy Sportz match against La Costa Canyon High School. Photo by Bailey Burton

Rafael Alcala, Staff Writer

Comedy Sportz played its first home game Friday, October 14th against La Costa Canyon High School from Carlsbad, California. This was also the first game of the year, so there was a full house in the Stallion Theatre Company.

It ended in a win for our Stallions.

Comedy Sportz is a club where students express their humor in a variety of ways by playing different improvisation games. The three captains on the team are seniors Wendell Simpson, Ian Happy, and Rose Krol. They lead practices every Tuesday in Ms. Boggio’s room H201 after school. During the practices they teach the rest of the team new games and better strategies to help make every competition successful.

Players Wendell Simpson, Rose Krol, Christian Waizinger, Jaymes Macabale, Ian Happy, Nathan Giraud, Linus Simpson, and Konrad Keague participated in last week’s game.

Ian Happy has been in the program for 4 years and anticipates success in his new teammates that joined this year.

“I see a lot of strengths in this year’s team. Konrad, who just joined Comedy Sportz, did extremely well for his first competition. I believe that we will continue to do well in all our matches,” said Happy.

Konrad just joined Comedy Sportz this year and said he is feeling more confident after playing. 

“Konrad was definitely a surprise at tryouts, we didn’t expect such a quiet kid to be so funny but he is now one of our strongest new players. We are so proud of him,” said Krol.

The large crowd in the Stallion Theatre Company supported the team with loud cheering and laughter throughout the match.

The winner of the match is all up to the crowd’s applause so, statistically, the home team should win every time because the home team is usually going to have a greater number of people at the game than an away team would.
Comedy Sportz plays its next game against Capo November 18th.