• The Tan Band Wins Battle of the Bands

• Sofia Votava Wins President's Volunteer Service Award

• Skyla Setzler Wins 2nd in District Poster Competition

• Battle of the Bands Winner to Play Concert at Lunch Friday

• 2019 Stallion of the Year Nominees Announced

• Lila Holley and Sierra Young In Top 15 of OC Register Varsity Artists

Nickelodeon Star On Campus

Nickelodeon Star On Campus

Kennedy Flores, Staff Editor

Madisyn Shipman began her acting career at just six years old and is now sixteen years old and a sophomore at SJHHS.

On September 12, 2015 the first episode of her show, Game Shakers, premiered on Nickelodeon with Shipman playing the character Kenzie Bill. Her character appears to be the brains of the show. The popular show lasted on air for three and a half years and premiered for three seasons.

Game Shakers is based on science and games where Kenzie and Babe, played by Cree Cicchino, created a game called “Sky Whale” in order to receive a passing grade on their seventh grade science project. Not only do they succeed and  get a good grade on their project, but their mobile game becomes insanely popular, which lead them to create a business that makes them millions of dollars.

Always be yourself because there will always be hate or disagreement in what you do, but as long as you feel you are doing what makes you happy, that’s all that matters”

— Madisyn Shipman

In 2017, the Kids Choice Awards awarded Game Shakers with Favorite TV Show, along with Girl Meets World.

Shipman’s current plan for her academic future is to become an obstetrician-gynecologist (OBGYN). Although Shipman is not really sure what college she will be attending when she graduates high school, she is certain she wants her career to be revolved around the medical field.

Currently, Shipman has 1.4 Million followers on Instagram. Her advice to young adults trying to start a social platform would be to embrace who you are.

“Always be yourself because there will always be hate or disagreement in what you do, but as long as you feel you are doing what makes you happy, that’s all that matters,” said Shipman.

Although having a huge social platform can be exciting, Shipman revealed the truth that it is not always sunshine and rainbows, but in fact takes lots of time and effort to edit and post certain pictures. Since Shipman carries such a big following, lots of people constantly are sharing their opinions on her social media which can reflects either positive or negative on her.

Shipman has to be careful with what she posts and what she says, because her social media posts and comments reflect brightly on what brand deals and jobs she gets. Having a big social media platform and using it appropriately also affects how she is viewed and respected by others.

“Nothings ever perfect, there will always be bad and hate, but that’s just life and you have to learn to love it,” Shipman says.

Shipman could not be more grateful to be living the best of both lives meaning attending SJHHS with an amazing group of friends that support and love her and also being apart of an insanely successful show.

Kennedy Flores, Staff Writer

Kennedy is a freshman and this is her first year writing for The Express. Kennedy enjoys photography and  is currently the Assistant Photo Editor. When...