• History Teacher Bill Kaiser Wins Teacher of the Year

• Football Player Sean Rhyan Commits to UCLA

• Finals Week 12/18-12/20

• Link Crew Hosting Holiday Potluck for Freshman 12/13

• CSF Collecting Unwrapped Toys for Toys for Tots

• 2nd Annual SJHHS Kindess Week Nov. 13-16

Kaia Wolfe Aces Freshman Year

Freshman%2C+Kaia+Wolfe%2C+plays+on+the+SJHHS+varsity+tennis+team+and+never+lacks+determination.+She+is+a+main+factor+as+to+why+the+team+won+league+and+she+continues+to+impress+as+they+advance+to+the+second+round+of+CIF.++

Kaia Wolfe Aces Freshman Year

Freshman, Kaia Wolfe, plays on the SJHHS varsity tennis team and never lacks determination. She is a main factor as to why the team won league and she continues to impress as they advance to the second round of CIF.

Isabella Mahar

Isabella Mahar

Isabella Mahar

Makayla Walders, Editorial Editor

Kaia Wolfe has started high school swinging as she was placed on the SJHHS girls varsity tennis team her freshman year.

With five years of competitive tennis experience under her belt, Kaia is living proof that hard work pays off. Her killer serve and forehand shot meant Kaia played the 2018 season in singles on first line- the highest position a tennis player can reach. She contributed the most wins to the program, aiding the team in several crucial matches.

SJHHS girls tennis ultimately won league, and went on to compete in CIF where Kaia contributed to the 15-3 first round win over Saint Margaret’s.

Persistence, determination, and a good attitude are all a part of Kaia’s success. “I show up to every practice, every match, ready to play. If I’m sick, I play. I’m always ready to work my hardest,” said Wolfe.

Kaia hopes to continue her passion for tennis after high school and play collegiately but she admits that the road to this goal will be a difficult one. “It’s challenging to always stay positive. It can be hard when things just don’t work out your way,” says Wolfe.

I show up to every practice, every match, ready to play. If I’m sick, I play. I’m always ready to work my hardest”

— Kaia Wolfe

However, her love for the sport outweighs the adversity she will face, and she is constantly encouraged by teammates, coaches, and family.

Comfortable on the varsity level, Kaia enjoys pushing herself alongside her supportive teammates. Though she is young, she proves to be a tough match among the players she faces, and tires out opponents quickly with her powerful swing.

She looks past her huge accomplishment of making varsity freshman year and onto other things. “I already reached that goal, let’s just keep going,” said Wolfe regarding making varsity.

Undefeated, Kaia will continue in the next round of CIF individually over Thanksgiving break. Though her freshman season is coming to a close, her tennis career at SJHHS is only beginning.

Makayla Walders, Staff Writer

Makayla is a senior at SJHHS and this is her first year writing for The Express as Editorial Editor! She is involved in Link Crew, Younglife club, and...