Kaia Wolfe Aces Freshman Year

Freshman%2C+Kaia+Wolfe%2C+plays+on+the+SJHHS+varsity+tennis+team+and+never+lacks+determination.+She+is+a+main+factor+as+to+why+the+team+won+league+and+she+continues+to+impress+as+they+advance+to+the+second+round+of+CIF.++

Isabella Mahar

Freshman, Kaia Wolfe, plays on the SJHHS varsity tennis team and never lacks determination. She is a main factor as to why the team won league and she continues to impress as they advance to the second round of CIF.

Makayla Walders, Editorial Editor

Kaia Wolfe has started high school swinging as she was placed on the SJHHS girls varsity tennis team her freshman year.

With five years of competitive tennis experience under her belt, Kaia is living proof that hard work pays off. Her killer serve and forehand shot meant Kaia played the 2018 season in singles on first line- the highest position a tennis player can reach. She contributed the most wins to the program, aiding the team in several crucial matches.

SJHHS girls tennis ultimately won league, and went on to compete in CIF where Kaia contributed to the 15-3 first round win over Saint Margaret’s.

Persistence, determination, and a good attitude are all a part of Kaia’s success. “I show up to every practice, every match, ready to play. If I’m sick, I play. I’m always ready to work my hardest,” said Wolfe.

Kaia hopes to continue her passion for tennis after high school and play collegiately but she admits that the road to this goal will be a difficult one. “It’s challenging to always stay positive. It can be hard when things just don’t work out your way,” says Wolfe.

I show up to every practice, every match, ready to play. If I’m sick, I play. I’m always ready to work my hardest

— Kaia Wolfe

However, her love for the sport outweighs the adversity she will face, and she is constantly encouraged by teammates, coaches, and family.

Comfortable on the varsity level, Kaia enjoys pushing herself alongside her supportive teammates. Though she is young, she proves to be a tough match among the players she faces, and tires out opponents quickly with her powerful swing.

She looks past her huge accomplishment of making varsity freshman year and onto other things. “I already reached that goal, let’s just keep going,” said Wolfe regarding making varsity.

Undefeated, Kaia will continue in the next round of CIF individually over Thanksgiving break. Though her freshman season is coming to a close, her tennis career at SJHHS is only beginning.