Hunting In Style

Tracy Hirchag(left) and Joe Flynn(right) show off their sweet Chukar kill through a successful hunt.

Jackson Hirchag

Jackson Hirchag

Jackson Hirchag, Staff Writer

If there was a place with unparalleled hunting and breathtaking landscapes it would be Ruggs Ranch in Heppner, Oregon.

Ruggs Ranch meets all hunting expectations and more. Unlike most public hunting grounds, each hunting area is full of thriving and healthy animals that are run at their own disposal.

When people go on their hunt, there are not only looking to kill the biggest buck, but to have a great time while doing it. All money spent on this trip is not wasted; every guide treats its hunters with respect and gives them all the information they need in order to be successful.

If hunters do not have shotguns for bird hunting, then they will provide them with top quality equipment. Also, the guides know where to go so that each hunt will be action packed and most likely successful.

The ranch is private property which means less people are hunting the lands increasing the chance of scoring a buck or bull. Also the grounds are nature preserves which is where each species is reproducing under their control which allows for more diversity and increased population.

Ruggs Ranch offers amazing meals. There are chefs that prepare breakfast, lunch, and dinner that comes with the hunt. Everyday there is something different to eat which keeps guests wanting to know what is next.

On another note, the landscapes on the ranch are breathtaking. There are rolling hills that seem like they go on forever. And the weather is super unpredictable so guests better pack for anything.

Although, if people can not live without their phones, then this is not the place for them. There is no service in most places except the for the lodge which does not really matter because deer hunting is held in a camp up in the mountains.

Therefore, this is a very strong option when deciding where to go for an overall amazing experience that guests will never forget.  

Jackson Hirchag, Staff Writer
Jackson is excited to join the newspaper. It’s his first year, and he can’t wait to see what’s in store. He loves to write about sports because he plays two: water polo and golf. Readers will be most likely enjoy his pieces on San Juan Hills’ sports, news, and events.
2 Comments

2 Responses to “Hunting In Style”

1. Joseph Flynn on November 2nd, 2017 6:48 AM

Hats off to Jackson with this article he put me right at Ruggs Ranch. Plenty of details and a really interesting story on how his experience was.Well informed Jackson keep up the great work!

[Reply]

2. Bob Canary on November 9th, 2017 6:04 PM

Joe and Tracy,
    When are you going to take me to Rugg Ranch with you!!??
    BC

[Reply]

• Hunting In Style

Feature

Student Teaches Kurdish Military Officials to Swim

• Hunting In Style

Feature

Liam O’Connor Chosen for Irish Junior National Baseball Team

• Hunting In Style

Feature

Stallion of the Year Nominees Race to the Finish

• Hunting In Style

Feature

Virginia Smith Literally Rides for the SJHHS Brand

• Hunting In Style

Feature

Sean Rhyan: An Athlete to Watch

• Hunting In Style

Feature

The Power Couple of San Juan Hills: The Spiers

• Hunting In Style

Clubs

HALO Club Raises Awareness for Autism

• Hunting In Style

Feature

SJHHS’s Future Firefighters in Training

• Hunting In Style

Feature

ASB Tech Boys Bring the Hype

• Hunting In Style

Feature

Musical Seniors Join Prestigious Marching Group