Link Crew Hosts Linktoberfest

Maddie Boland

Senior Link Crew Leaders (from Left to Right), Sarah Yeager, Samantha Eden, Kira Rapp, Serenity Church, Liam Childs, Niayla Miller, and Mia Jones greet Freshmen into Linktoberfest with candy, hotdogs, smiles, and halloween spirit. The leaders played The Nightmare Before Christmas as their featured spooky film.

Hannah Chon, Feature Editor

From Hot Cocoa and Cram to tailgates before football games, Link Crew puts on popular events for freshman to feel welcomed on campus.

For this time of the year, Link Crew has put on their annual Linktoberfest, which took place in the gym on the evening of October 18th.

Leaders have invited SJHHS freshman to enjoy a movie, eat good food, and tour a haunted maze, created and hosted by the Drama department.

This year Link Crew decided to show the Tim Burton classic “The Nightmare Before Christmas,” which sticks to the Halloween themed movies shown every year.

“We give out hot dogs and root beer, to mimic Oktoberfest in Germany,” says Senior, Mia Jones.  While Oktoberfest is a large beer drinking festival originating from Germany. Link Crew toned things down by offering hot dogs, chips, soda, and a vegetarian and gluten free option for those with diet restrictions.

Alongside the food and movie for the students, the drama department this year put together their own haunted maze. The maze is inspired and based off the film “Insidious”, and took place in the F Building.

Drama was charging students $3 to enter and $5 to go through the maze twice.

According to Senior Jimmy Burns, “Link crew is a great way to get all the freshmen together”

These events are designed to help freshmen become more involved and welcomed on campus.

“A decent amount showed up, but we would love for more to come to our next event,” said Trent Castillo, Commissioner of Outreach.

Link crew also was able to decorate the gym this year to get into Halloween spirit.  Freshman and Link crew leaders can both agree that this year’s event was a success!