Spanish Books for Children

Olivia Farber, Center Spread Editor

Following the the AP test, Sra. Sanchez’s AP Spanish IV classes created children’s books and visited San Juan Elementary School to present their illustrated stories to the children.

The class formed in groups with a maximum of five people to create a fictional story that is completely in spanish and entertaining.  Some stories were more about life lessons and others were on the funny side.

They read their children stories to first graders that are in the dual immersion program.

Sra. Sanchez was the first one to start this project and it is her 6th year doing it.

“This project goes full circle because the students in three years will come to here and will have had my students read to them when they were in first grade, then they are going to do it,” said Sra. Sanchez.

The classes had been working on this project for a few weeks and each books was between 20 and 30 pages long.

“We didn’t really have any directions, we could be as free and creative as we wanted. My group came up with a Finding Nemo theme,” said Rhea Khatri (11).

When the stories were fully written and illustrated they went to the elementary school to read the children their stories and acted out the characters in their stories.

“My favorite part was dressing up and making all the kids laugh,” said Sam Hunter (11).

The children were very eager to hear the stories that the students brought to them and it was a great experience for everyone involved.