• The Tan Band Wins Battle of the Bands

• Sofia Votava Wins President's Volunteer Service Award

• Skyla Setzler Wins 2nd in District Poster Competition

• Battle of the Bands Winner to Play Concert at Lunch Friday

• 2019 Stallion of the Year Nominees Announced

• Lila Holley and Sierra Young In Top 15 of OC Register Varsity Artists

You Can’t Take it With You Will Take Your Breath Away

In+this+scene+from+You+Can%27t+Take+it+With+You%2C+Tony+Kirby+%28Matthew+Duplissey%29+meets+Penny+Sycamore+%28Allison+Nicolai%29+and+Essie+Carmichael+%28Reagan+Barclay%29%2C+with+Ed+Carmichael+%28Connor+Keithley%29+watching+attentively.+

In this scene from You Can't Take it With You, Tony Kirby (Matthew Duplissey) meets Penny Sycamore (Allison Nicolai) and Essie Carmichael (Reagan Barclay), with Ed Carmichael (Connor Keithley) watching attentively.

Connor Rose

Connor Rose

Connor Rose

Katie Brubaker, Managing Editor

The Stallion Theatre Company’s most recent production, You Can’t Take it With You, was a story that touched on the importance of love, family, and the search for true happiness. 

The show revolves around a bizarre family who live together in absolute chaos. The youngest member of the family, Alice Sycamore (Olivia Roselli), falls in love with a white-collar businessman from Wall Street, Tony Kirby (Matt Duplissey). When the Kirby family comes to visit Alice’s a night earlier than expected, they are met with a whirlwind of pandemonium that brings on a variety of hilarious problems.

The Black Box theater was transformed into a different world through the remarkable work of Sierra Young and Lila Holley; the two set designers were able to create a house that perfectly encapsulated the nature of the family and succeeded in pulling the audience into the story.

When asked about their favorite part of working on the show, Holley replied saying, “we really enjoyed watching the cast grow into their characters and convey their feelings and emotions in a truthful and convincing matter in the setting we constructed for them.”

The Black Box theater was transformed into a different world through the remarkable work of Sierra Young and Lila Holley; the two set designers were able to create a house that perfectly encapsulated the nature of the family and succeeded in pulling the audience into the story”

Young was also very excited about the use of her dog, Chewy Young, in the show. “I’m just so proud of him,” said Young, “just to see him make his acting debut was incredibly inspiring and it just shows that you can do anything you dream of when you put your mind to it. I’m so thankful for Zain, Luciana, and Maddi for their work to take care of Chewy during the show and make sure he was comfortable and prepared for whenever he had to go on stage.”

You Can’t Take it With You was the third Stallion Theatre Company show directed by SJHHS alumnus and teacher, Mr. Thomas Pike. Mr. Pike was a member of the SJHHS drama department in his time as a student.

If you were unable to see You Can’t Take it With You, there will still be one more chance to see our theatre students perform. From April 18-20 and 25-27 our school will be producing Kiss Me, Kate. Tickets are available on www.sjhhstheatrearts.org.