Avengers: Infinity War

Libby Gorton, Staff Writer

The 2018 Avengers: Infinity War was either Marvel’s best, or worst decision ever made.

A decade since the first Iron Man was brought into theaters May 2, 2008, the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) has been building up to this movie in particular.

Avengers: Infinity War released on the 27th of April 2018. The film includes the Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy and other epic heroes in a battle against the Titan, Thanos.

With a script that takes over fifteen of Marvels heroes on a journey to try and defeat Thanos, a villain who wishes to wipe out half of the galaxy’s population. With so many characters, the script writers work each character into the plot, giving each character their own pieces of the movie.

Thanos, the antagonist of Infinity War, is a masterpiece himself. He is an evil character who commits several atrocities against the heroes, yet many times he is almost vulnerable and his motives make sense.

“I think people will find him at turns horrifying and at turns empathetic,” said Joe Russo, one of the two directors of Infinity War. Joe Russo co-directs along with his brother Anthony Russo.

Thanos first appeared at the end of Avengers, played by Josh Brolin. Brolin also played Thanos in Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers: Age of Ultron, and Avengers: Infinity War. He will also play Thanos in an upcoming Avengers movie in 2019 that has yet to be titled. The lack of title is to prevent any spoilers from Infinity War.

This movie is extremely sad and tragic in some parts, yet Marvel keeps its light-hearted with funny twists and comedic relief at every turn. However, this movie is one of the darkest and most serious movies yet in the the MCU.

This film ends in a dazzling cliffhanger which leaves the theater in a state of complete shock. After the last minutes of the film have ended, and the after-credits scene has finished rolling, it had left a statement that rattled the theater.

Libby Gorton, Staff Writer
Libby is a freshman at San Juan Hills. She is a great writer who also loves photography and drawing. She has lots of interests, but she enjoys writing the most. She wants to be a director for movies when she is an adult and dreams of going to USC. Libby’s favorite book is Winnie the Pooh...