• SJHHS Sports Teams Collecting "Clothes For a Cause" This Week

• College Visits Start This Week

• Homecoming Tickets On Sale Now!

• Service Added for AT&T Users On Campus

• 11 New Teachers Join SJHHS

• Solar Panel Construction Complicates Parking

Filed under A&E, Top Stories

Netflix Coming Out with the New Fab Five

Left+to+Right%3A+Bobby+Berk%2C+Karamo+Brown%2C+Antoni+Porowski%2C+Jonathan+VanNess+and+Tan+France.+
Left to Right: Bobby Berk, Karamo Brown, Antoni Porowski, Jonathan VanNess and Tan France.

Courtesy of Netflix

Courtesy of Netflix

Let’s get something straight, the Netflix original Queer Eye has come out with a bang.

The original concept of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy was to educate heterosexual males and the Bravo television channel audience about gay culture.

The show sheds light onto the life of seven straight men and one closeted man who’ve been helped, snatched and reborn thanks to the help of the Fab 5.

Composed of Antoni Porowski the food and wine expert, Tan France a fashion expert, Karamo Brown the culture expert, Bobby Berk the design expert and Jonathan VanNess the grooming expert join together to help out these poor unfortunate souls see the light.

The new Fab Five takes advantage of their skills to help improve the life of todays straight men.”

The modern reboot of a previous show, Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, followed the original Fab 5 around changing the perspective of many heterosexuals on the gay community. They would mainly drive around New York helping the guys who they felt really needed them.

Today, the new Fab Five takes advantage of their skills to help improve the life of today’s straight men. All men are nominated by friends or family, who believe they are in need of a desperate makeover.

The nominated men seem to be open to the idea of five gay guys roaming around their house, dressing them and learning all they can about the individual with their allotted time. In that time, they give them tips and tricks on their specific specialties.

As the episodes continue, the Fab Five attempt to get a sense for the straight guys lifestyle, and and based off of that, they pick out a new wardrobe, maybe some grooming and skin care if necessary, as well as new skills in the kitchen and finished off with a new redesigned home.

Culture expert, Karamo Brown, uses his comprehension on the individual to elicit responses from the nominee, in order to help them understand themselves better and encourage them to be more active in the world around them.

As a test to their abilities, the Fab Five watch their projects follow through with a big event where they showcase all they have learned from the masters.

The Fab Five have transformed the life of the selected individuals in changing their views on how they perceive themselves and the gay community.

Juan Galindo, Staff Writer
Juan is a senior at SJHHS this year and is thrilled to be a new team member of The Express. Juan has been in the Dual Immersion program since kindergarten and is currently trying to learn Italian. In his free time, Juan can almost always be found playing his cello, cheering at sports games at San...