2016-2017 Yearbook cover design finalized

McKenzie M, Staff Writer

Lightbulb…pitch…trash…

Lightbulb…pitch…trash…

Ideas and designs have been rushing through the minds of the 2016-2017 Yearbook Staff.  It has taken over 6 weeks but they have finally come up with the final design of our 10th Anniversary yearbook.

Co-Editors-in-Chiefs, Caroline Alexander and Peter Ellsworth, explained the process of determining the cover as a long and difficult one.  “Everyone came in with their own ideas and we took those ideas and turned them into one,” stated Alexander.  “Normally the first five covers will never turn out.”  

Basically, anyone in the class can submit possible designs for the cover, some get discarded, some are kept, and further elimination goes from there.  

Alexandra Tomich and Syd Tagle, the Design Editors, are the head of a design team made up of eight students.  Tagle did the final editing in photoshop to create the physical cover but credits the entire design team for coming up with the ideas.  

“When looking at the design ideas, we don’t like too much print where it can be distracting.  We like simple and clean but still having a meaning,” said Alexander.  

The two design editors had their eyes out for the perfect mix of everything to please the whole class.  “This year, we tried to break the trend and make it completely different than last year–something original,” said Tomich.  

“There is that added stress of making the 10th Anniversary Yearbook and you have a big expectation to live up to,” admitted Tagle.  However so, the entire yearbook staff has finally agreed on a design that will be perfect for such an accomplishment.