AVID takes over College Week at SJHHS

+November+13th+through+November+18th+is+College+Week%2C+to+recognize+college+education%2C+AVID+decorated+several+classroom+doors+with+the+colleges+that+teachers+attended.+Photo+by+Kaden+Brown

November 13th through November 18th is College Week, to recognize college education, AVID decorated several classroom doors with the colleges that teachers attended. Photo by Kaden Brown

Ashlee Renteria, A&E Editor

All over SJHHS, teachers doors have been decorated with colors and pictures of the college they attended. Ranging from Ivy Leagues to Cal States, students can look at the doors of their classrooms to admire the work of AVID.

College week started on Monday with college wear day, where every student dressed in apparel of their dream school or for seniors ones they applied to, and hope to soon attend.

The goal of AVID was to have the doors open a discussion between teachers and students about their future.

AVID President Marissa Arreola said “I feel like this week was a way to show students that there isn’t just one way to reach your college or career goals.”

Another dress up day was Camouflage Day, which was set up to promote the students that have plans to join the military. Uncoincidentally, AVID planned this day to take place around the same time the Military would be at school to answer questions and talk to students about joining.

AVID worked hard for one week communicating with teachers about the how to properly display their alma mater.

Aside from allowing students to see who they can reach out to about questions regarding that particular school, they can also just have fun seeing where the person who is teaching them went.

“I’ve been able to talk to Ms. Price about UC Santa Barbara, she’s teaching what I want to major in so I felt comfortable asking her questions,” said senior Natalie Blackwelder.

AVID set up a map of the country to have students pinpoint which college students would want to attend. This allowed for all students at SJHHS to participate in looking forward to a brighter future.