Winter Formal Theme: Grease

Lucy Law and Bailey Bruton

Jimmy Burns, Boys Sports Editor

With the mid year dance approaching, Winter Formal information has been released to allow Stallions to start their dance night festivities.

Formal will be on Saturday, January 28 at the Phoenix Club in Anaheim.

The club is also a German restaurant; spacious for dancing and also holds a yearly Oktoberfest. The formation of the club could be described as a giant tent with hardwood floor perfect for dancing.

Aladdin-esque Arabian Nights, Grease, Footloose, and Mardi Gras were the official options released by ASB for all Stallions to vote on. With all the votes received, Grease was elected as the Winter Formal theme.

Grease is a 1970’s musical comedy film starring John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John about two high schoolers who fall in love.

The boys in the movie are called “greasers” and the girls are called the “Pink Ladies.” The greasers are known for their slicked back hair and their white shirts with black leather jackets, while the Pink Ladies are known for pink bomber jackets.

Usually, students do not dress up like the theme, though.

With activities to still be determined by ASB, we should expect to see 50’s decorations set up at the Phoenix Club that align to the style of the movie.

“We base a lot of the purchases we make for Winter Formal, such things like the DJ, based off of how successful they were in the past and largely off of student feedback,” said senior class vice president Ian Happy.

It seems like most purchases haven’t been determined yet, but they are promised to bring us back to the 1950’s.

The pep rally will be the Friday before Winter Formal and will consist of a Grease themed show from the whole dance program where the Pink Ladies invite boys outside of dance to be greasers and their partners and participate in the show.

We will also find out what teachers win the annual Winter Formal king and queen.