Seniors Win Clash of Classes

Riley Glenn, Sports Editor

The annual “Clash of the Classes” competition was held this past week.

“Clash of the Classes” is a competition between the Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, and Senior classes to determine which class has the most school spirit.

Last year’s graduating class of 2014 had won the competition three years in a row, but with them gone this year, it was a fair game for all classes.

With an opportunity for any class to take control, the Seniors rose to the occasion and dominated from start to finish.

Beginning with “Dance or Dye”, the Seniors jumped into the lead with 4 points for having the most attendance at the dance. They continued to dominate, winning two lunchtime activities and finishing in second for another two.

The Seniors had a five point lead heading into the pep rally.

As for the rest of the classes, it has been a very inconsistent week.

The Juniors started the week strong with a second place finish in the baseball and basketball lunch activities, but found themselves in third and last in the other two activities. These losses lead to a disappointing third place position going into the pep rally.

The Sophomores also started slow, but gained momentum towards the end of the week with two lunchtime victories which placed them in second prior to the pep rally.

As for the Freshman, they started in second place but after multiple losses in the lunchtime activities, they went into the pep rally in last place.

The pep rally was no different than the rest of the week, as Senior domination continued and gave the class of 2015 their first “Clash of the Classes” victory.

For the other classes, a strong showing from the Junior class in both spirit and the “Coin-Flip game” during the pep-rally propelled them into second place, ahead of the Sophomores who finished in third, and the Freshmen who finished in last.