Senior Showcase’s Dancers Stun the Audience

The seniors of the SJHHS dance program preform at a show dedicated to them.

Cathy Cunnigham

All of the senior dancers taking their final bow at the Senior Showcase, where they performed old and new routines.

Maddi Boland, Staff Writer

The seniors of the SJHHS dance program performed on Friday, February 24 in a showcase entirely dedicated to them. While SJHHS’ dance program puts on multiple shows throughout the year, this performance was different from the rest, only featuring senior dancers and focusing on their journey with the program.

During this performance, each senior made a short speech about how their time involved in the dance program here, explaining how it has changed them and what they love about the program. Their speeches were recorded and each senior created a short dance to perform while their speech played in the background.

As all SJHHS seniors approach the end of their time in high school, this performance was especially emotional, reminding them of what they loved and what they will miss about SJHHS.

Courtney Chase, a dancer in the advanced level class, said this show stood out to her because “

we got the freedom to do whatever kind of dance we wanted and all of us were able to bond and grow closer as our time at SJHHS is ending

— Cortney Chase

.”

Many of the dances in the show were self choreographed including solo, duet, and group dances, adding a personal touch to every dance performed.

Once the last group of dancers performed, a video was played for the finale. The video was made in advance and included clips of all the dancers together, talking and having fun. “[The experience was] stressful but super fun, and the finale made it all worth it,” said Melica Kajeh.

This show was very touching for both the dancers and the audience who were able to watch the dancers remember how much they loved and will continue to love this program.