How to Succeed Hits the Stage

Alexea Malaletkin

How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying headlines the annual spring musical running until Saturday, April 26.

Alexea Malaletkin, Editorial Editor

The curtains are rising for the last major drama production of the year, How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying. Devoted students have truly put their backs into the show, both onstage and off, throughout the past three months for their rendition of the Broadway classic.

The storyline within the musical follows the ambitious J. Pierrepont Finch, portrayed by David Diamsay, initially introduced as a window washer who is coincidentally de-streaking the exterior of the company office he aspires to triumph. With the aid of an ever-knowledgeable book, righteous determination, and impressively talented co-workers,  Finch weaves his way through the internal system of the corporation in hopes of making a name for himself despite his occupational origin.

“We have worked our butts off for three months and the end product came out better than I’ve imagined,” says Madeline Blomdahl, who co-stars as Hedy LaRue. “Every detail from orchestra to people on crew to everyone in the cast; it’s just really been my favorite, and I think, the most amazing production we’ve done here at San Juan Hills.”

The musical comedy challenges the priorities of a businessman in a light-hearted fashion as he combats emotional obstacles, such as his assumed role of an office confidant and prominently an office romance, alongside moral tests in the grand scheme of succeeding in business (without really trying).

Tickets are sold in the box office and online for your convenience, ranging from $10-15. The show will continue to run every night at 7 until April 26. Closing night will have an additional matinee showing at 2pm prior to the 7pm presentation.